Monday, September 1, 2008

Our Little Angel -- No longer a bean.

Well, here I am again, at the request of my family, to post yet another blog and update you on the pregnancy progress and more. As you can see, it has been over 8 weeks since I last blogged on the site (that's 2 months for you non-pregnant folks who speak in terms of months, and not weeks).

We recently discovered that our baby is a girl. We have been calling her Our Little Angel most recently. Yep... she has graduated from Our Little Bean (especially now that she is more like the size of a small potato)! We have also chosen to do a light green and purple Tinkerbell-themed nursery. If you know me well, you are aware of my obsession with all things Disney.

Some of you may think I am absolutely crazy, but I have also chosen to give natural childbirth. No, Erica, I am not one of those freaks who says, "I don't care if the baby is backwards, I will deliver natural or die trying!" However, I am willing to go as far as I can (hopefully, all the way) and as natural as I can. Of course, if the baby's or my life is at risk, then I will do whatever is necessary to have us both come out healthy on the other side. As both Aunt Marilyn and my mom will tell you, natural childbirth can be done... and breathing techniques work! Just ask my Aunt Patty. She delivered 5 children ALL naturally (that woman is amazing!).

So I know you've all been waiting to see updated portraits of Our Little Angel. Without further ado...



The one on the left is her looking at the camera. And the one on the right is her profile. Uncle Saul scanned the pictures vertically, so it would look like she was standing up (essentially, you should picture me laying on my side). Haha!

In other news, I want to give a shout out to Ari...
Your last post is not controversial. It is true! It's time for people to WAKE UP to what is really going on in this country. I will comment more on this and the reason why I like Sarah Palin as a VP choice in another blog responding to your blog. I want to make sure I have all of my facts straight... and my head is fuzzy from tired baby brain at the moment. I want to be in full sparring mode when I make my political comments. I just want to add that a) I am a registered Democrat, b) I don't like Sarah simply because she is a woman and would NEVER vote for Hillary Clinton, and c) I think gun laws, abortion, family values, and a few other issues that the media seem to focus on cloud the VERY REAL issues of what is going on in our own country regarding economy, environment, healthcare, and education. I think it was Orson Welles who said, "The media do not tell us what to think, only what to think about." We all need to wake up and start dealing with the things that really matter to the American public (like Ari said).

Also, I just wanted to say, before I say goodnight...
I am really glad I got to see Grandmom today. She seemed sick and frail, and I am not just being my normal optimistic self here, but I really feel like this is a sick phase she is going through... and I believe she will get better soon. The color came back to her face after my mom fed her ice cream. She seemed scared when she felt a pain in her chest, and then shortly after that she belched (twice - haha!), the fear went away and she realized she just had some gas. It was almost comical. She reminded me that it wasn't a joke (like her normal feisty self), so I could tell that everything was ok. She talked to Andy and I for a while (and believe it or not, SHE did most of the talking). That was when I noticed both of her eyes were open and clear. She was very alert and we were keeping her mind off of any pain or discomfort. I can tell that she wants more than anything to meet Our Little Angel and to see Haley get married. I believe and pray that she will be around and healthy to witness both events.

With love and thanks for allowing me to speak my mind... I bid you all a good night.

1 comment:

Ari said...

I had a dream shortly before I heard you were pregnant that you had a girl, and I was just finding out what you had named her.

Unfortunately, Jewish superstition prevents me from discussing this further.

Granted, I can't claim any serious clairvoyance here, since in this family it's about 99.5% guaranteed that if you get pregnant, you're going to have a girl.

I actually heard a podcast recently on NPR's "Story of the Day" that some scientists now believe that men will eventually become obsolete.

See: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4227604